Batman raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker.
Set one year after the 2005 film, Batman Begins a love triangle between Bruce Wayne, Rachel Dawes and Harvey Dent begins to erupt. All the while, Batman must stop the Joker. One has no method at all and seeks to see the world plunge into the fire he has yet to light. One represents the symbol of hope and uses his own shadow to bring the peace and order he has yet to accomplish doing.
|Writer:||Christopher Nolan & Jonathan Nolan|
|Cillian as:||Dr. Jonathan Crane / Scarecrow|
|Additional Cast:||Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart|
|Genre:||Action, Crime, Drama|
|MPAA Rating:||Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and some menace|
|UK Release:||July 21, 2008|
|US Release:||July 18, 2008|
|Additional Info:||Internet Movie Database|
Trivia and Fun Facts
– This is the first Batman feature film that doesn’t incorporate the word “Batman” in its title.
– Christopher Nolan and his co-writers, Jonathan Nolan and David S. Goyer, made the decision very early on not to explore The Joker’s origins. This was so the character could be presented as an “absolute”.
– Set a weekend box-office record for IMAX venues with $6.2 mil. Former record holder was Spider-Man 3.
– Made more money than Batman Begins entire domestic run in only 6 days of release.
– Christian Bale got to keep the Batman mask from the movie, after filming. He wanted to keep the entire uniform but he did not have enough room for it.
– Cillian Murphy reprises his role as Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow from Batman Begins in this film. This makes him the first actor to reprise the role of a Batman villain in the whole film series.
– Bruce Wayne drives a Lamborghini Murcielago in the movie. The Spanish word for “bat” is “el murcielago”.
Batman: “Don’t let me find you out here again.”
Brian: “We’re trying to help you!”
Batman: “I don’t need help.”
Dr. Jonathan Crane: “Not my diagnosis!”
Brian: “What gives you the right? What’s the difference between you and me?”
Batman: “I’m not wearing hockey pads!”
The Chechen: “Look at what your drugs did to my customers.
Scarecrow: “Buyer beware. I told you my compound would take you places. I never said they’d be places you wanted to go.”
The Chechen: “My business… repeat customers…”
Scarecrow: “If you don’t like what I have to offer, you can buy from someone else. Assuming Batman left anyone to buy from.”
Scarecrow: “That’s not him.”
The Chechen: “Loose the dogs!”
Scarecrow: “That’s more like it!”