Dom Cobb is a skilled thief, the absolute best in the dangerous art of extraction, stealing valuable secrets from deep within the subconscious during the dream state, when the mind is at its most vulnerable. Cobb’s rare ability has made him a coveted player in this treacherous new world of corporate espionage, but it has also made him an international fugitive and cost him everything he has ever loved.
Now Cobb is being offered a chance at redemption. One last job could give him his life back but only if he can accomplish the impossible-inception. Instead of the perfect heist, Cobb and his team of specialists have to pull off the reverse: their task is not to steal an idea but to plant one. If they succeed, it could be the perfect crime. But no amount of careful planning or expertise can prepare the team for the dangerous enemy that seems to predict their every move. An enemy that only Cobb could have seen coming.
|Cillian as:||Robert Fischer|
|Additional Cast:||Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt|
|Genre:||Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller|
|MPAA Rating:||Rated PG-13 for sequences of violence and action throughout|
|UK Release:||July 16, 2010|
|US Release:||July 16, 2010|
|Additional Info:||Internet Movie Database|
Trivia and Fun Facts
– Just like Christopher Nolan’s previous movie The Dark Knight, no second unit team was hired for making the movie. All the shots were filmed by Nolan himself with his usual DP Wally Pfister.
– Just as Cillian Murphy’s character was named Robert Fischer as a tribute to champion chess player Bobby Fischer, his father’s (Pete Postlethwaite) character is named Maurice Fischer as an homage to artist M.C. Escher (full name Maurits Cornelis Escher), whose art was clearly an inspiration for many of the special effects in the film.
– Joseph Gordon-Levitt went to his audition after a brief character summary, wearing a full suit “just in case”, unknowingly matching his character’s wardrobe perfectly.
– Kate Winslet was approached for the role of Mal, but turned it down, citing that she couldn’t see herself as the character.
– Ariadne’s hair is in a tight bun in the hotel sequence so filmmakers didn’t have to figure out how her hair should move in zero-gravity.
Robert Fischer: “There’s five hundred dollars in there. And the wallet’s worth more than that.”
Robert Fischer: “After my mother died, you know what he told me? ‘Robert, there’s really nothing to be said’.”
Peter Browning: “He was bad with emotions.”
Robert Fischer: “I was eleven.”
Robert Fischer: “Couldn’t somebody have dreamt up a goddamn beach?”
Maurice Fischer: “Disa… disap… disappointed…”
Robert Fischer: “I know, Dad. I know you were disappointed I couldn’t be you.”
Maurice Fischer: “No. No, no. I was disappointed… that you tried.”