Welcome to a world where time has become the ultimate currency. You stop aging at 25, but there’s a catch: you’re genetically-engineered to live only one more year, unless you can buy your way out of it. The rich “earn” decades at a time (remaining at age 25), becoming essentially immortal, while the rest beg, borrow or steal enough hours to make it through the day.
When a man from the wrong side of the tracks is falsely accused of murder, he is forced to go on the run with a beautiful hostage. Living minute to minute, the duo’s love becomes a powerful tool in their war against the system.
|Cillian as:||Timekeeper Raymond Leon|
|Additional Cast:||Justin Timberlake, Amanda Seyfried, Matt Bomer, Vincent Kartheiser|
|Genre:||Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller|
|MPAA Rating:||Rated PG-13 for violence, some sexualty and partial nudity, and strong language|
|UK Release:||November 1, 2011|
|US Release:||October 28, 2011|
|Additional Info:||Internet Movie Database|
Trivia and Fun Facts
– In real life, Justin Timberlake is older than Olivia Wilde, who plays his mother.
– Justin Timberlake, Amanda Seyfried, Olivia Wilde and Vincent Kartheiser all appeared in the movie Alpha Dog together.
– While the movie was about people who would look 25 years old until they die, Amanda Seyfried is actually the only significant character who was 25 during filming.
– Many of the character names are those of famous, and not so famous, watchmakers. The name Weis is pronounced the same as the watchmaker Albert Wajs.
– After seeing trailers and early clips from the film, author Harlan Ellison, sued to prevent the film’s release, claiming that it borrowed heavily from his short story Rnt Harlequin,’ Said The Ticktockman. Ellison later relented and simply asked that his name be added to the credits. After being shown the film in its entirety, Ellison withdrew his suit, satisfied that there were enough differences from his story that it did not constitute intellectual theft.
Raymond Leon: “You can’t hide one hundred years in the ghetto, they can smell when a man has a week more than he should.”
Raymond Leon: “Sorry to disappoint you, we don’t keep much on us … discourages thieves like yourself.”
Will Salas: “Think of this as a gift.”
Leila: “Hey Ray! I’ll give you 10 minutes for an hour.”
Raymond Leon: “When you gonna get out of the game Leila? You’ve got to be pushing sixty.”
Leila: “Thanks for letting everyone know!”
Will Salas: “It’s not illegal to change time zones, is it?”
Raymond Leon: “No. It’s just rare.”
Raymond Leon: “You can run!”
Will Salas: “So can you. You’re from here.”